Customer Service Engineer
ECI is looking for a Customer Service Engineer to support all aspects of implementation and support ECI products for networking infrastructure (Layer 2 and Layer 3) and optics portfolio into carriers and service providers throughout the region. In our team you are going to enable service providers to roll out, maintain and troubleshoot Carrier Ethernet based data connectivity services in a cost-effective and timely manner and help to integrate IP/MPLS and MPLS-TP for optimized services.
***Location shall be Germany, Teltow (Berlin area) or Poland, Warsaw.
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical problems including Lab simulation
- Analyze network and equipment configuration problems and defects
- Provide onsite troubleshooting when required
- Perform onsite activities such as: Site and Network commissioning, Network expansion, Installation, Upgrades, Site Survey, NOC operation, OJT
- Participate sometimes in the complete phase of product introduction, implementation, trials and proof of concepts
- Interface with 3rd Tier Technical Support, Engineering, Product Management and other departments to address customer’s issues in the most effective manner
- Executing professional training to customers
- Network Engineer with a strong background of IP data-communications or telecommunications industry experience
- Hands on experience with configuring IP/network equipment such as routers and switches
- Data test equipment operating – Using Traffic generator and Sniffer, understand the configuration and analyze the results
- Solid Knowledge of ETH L1/L2, MPLS-TP, IP-MPLS, VPN, multi-service network, routing and switching etc.
- Solid Knowledge in SDH, DWDM and Optics technologies – Advantage
- Experience in customer support, including all phases of post sales engineering – Advantage
- Knowledge of the Service Provider networking infrastructure – Advantage
- Ability to travel up to 40 % of the time to Customer and ECI premises
- Fluent Polish and English (oral and written) – Must
- German – Advantage