Customer Service Engineer
Ribbon - ECI is looking for a Customer Service Engineer to support all aspects of implementation and support ECI products for state-of-the-art optics networks into carriers and service providers throughout the region. In our team, you are going to enable our customers to roll out, maintain and troubleshoot our DWDM and OTN solution in a cost-effective and timely manner and help to optimized services.
***Location shall be Germany, Oberursel.
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical problems including Lab simulation
- Analyze network and equipment configuration problems and defects
- Provide onsite troubleshooting when required
- Perform onsite activities such as: Site and Network commissioning, Network expansion, Installation, Upgrades, Site Survey, NOC operation, OJT
- Participate sometimes in the complete phase of product introduction, implementation, trials and proof of concepts
- Interface with 3rd Tier Technical Support, Engineering, Product Management, and other departments to address customer’s issues in the most effective manner
- Executing professional training to customers
- Network Engineer with a strong background of optical networks
- Hands-on experience with acceptance and commissioning and monitoring optical networks.
- Detailed understanding of optical power measurements, power level balancing, and OSNR measurements, analyses PM data
- Solid Knowledge of DWDM, OTN Layers, Optical Channel Switching, LO ODU, and HO ODU Switching
- Solid Knowledge of ETH L1/L2, MPLS-TP, IP-MPLS, VPN, multi-service network, routing, and switching, etc. - Advantage
- Experience in customer support, including all phases of post-sales engineering - Advantage
- Knowledge of the Service Provider networking infrastructure - Advantage
- Ability to travel up to 30 % of the time to Customer and ECI premises
- Fluent German and English (oral and written) - Must